Who are we?
Founded in 1983 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, City People enhances our Downtown Knoxville communities by:
- Creating a sense of belonging among those who live, work, or play in downtown
- Offering grants that support individuals or organizations who offer innovative ways to bring people together or enhance the downtown experience
- Encouraging patronage of downtown Business Partners
- Partnering with other nonprofit organizations that benefit Downtown Knoxville
- Raising awareness about all that Downtown Knoxville has to offer
- Promoting the benefits of urban living by hosting the City People Home Tour
- Representing the voice of downtown residents
Board of Directors
David Jones, President
Lisa Hood Skinner, Vice President
POSITION OPEN, Secretary
Peggy Hargis, Treasurer
Peggy Hargis, Membership
POSITION OPEN, Grants Program
Joanne Schuetz, Business Partners
Jenny Jennings, Communications
Shaun Phillips, Social Events
The City People Board meets once a month, and you are welcome to attend. To find out about time and location, email: email@example.com
Volunteer for City People!
We are looking for volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering for an event or committee, email us to let us know!